Welcome to Home of the North Carolina Improved Order of Red Men
Red Men Beliefs
The Improved Order of Red Men is a national fraternal organization that believes in…
- Love of and respect for the American Flag.
- Preserving our Nation by defending and upholding the principle of free Government.
- America and the democratic way of life.
- Preserving the traditions and history of this great Country.
- Creating and inspiring a greater love for the United States of America.
- Helping our fellow men through organized charitable programs.
- Linking our members together in a common bond of Brotherhood and Friendship.
- Perpetuating the beautiful legends and traditions of a once-vanishing race and the keeping alive some of the traditional customs, ceremonies, and philosophies.
Legally, The Improved Order of Red Men is a patriotic fraternity chartered by Congress. It is a non-profit organization devoted to inspiring a greater love for the United States of America and the principles of American Liberty.
Goals of the Red Men
To promote patriotism and the American Way of Life, to provide social activities for the members, and support various charitable programs. Our activities include:
- Flag Recognition Program — A program to honor those patriotic Americans who display the flag regularly.
- Faith Of Our Fathers Chapel — Chapel erected at Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, to memorialize the ideals and principles of our founding fathers.
- Annual Pilgrimage To Faith Of Our Fathers Chapel — Annual meeting to renew and strengthen our beliefs in the American Way of Life.
- Children with Cognitive, Intellectual, and Developmental Disabilities Program — Support of various projects and programs of the ARC (formerly Association for Retarded Citizens) and Special Olympics.
- Red Men’s Day At Arlington National Cemetery — Annual ceremony to honor our unknown soldiers and all brave Americans who have fallen in battle to protect our Freedom.
- Red Men’s Week — Week of December 16th, designated as National Red Men’s Week, commemorating the Boston Tea Party in 1773.
The National Charity of the Improved Order of Red Men is Alzheimer’s research. Since 1991, the organization has given over two million dollars to the Alzheimer’s Association. Alzheimer’s disease know no social or economic boundaries, but it dose incline heavily towards older people. Affecting seven to nine percent of the Americans over the age of 65. Yet it strikes those in their 40’s and 50’s as well. Some of our own members have been stricken with this dreaded disease. Our members not only give generously, but also work with local Alzheimer’s chapters across the United States.